- 2U Rack Server
- 4x nodes
- Dual ARM ThunderX CPU
- Up to 512GB RAM, DDDR-2133MHz ECC
- 2x QSFP+ 40GbE LAN ports
- 4x Hot-swap 2.5 drive bays
- 1600W Redundant power supplies (Platinum Level)
- 2U Rack server, 150W TDP
- Dual ARM ThunderX2 CN9975 CPU
- Up to 1.5TB RAM, DDR4-2666MHz
- 2x SFP+ 10GbE LAN ports
- 24x hot-swap 2.5 drive bays
- 1200W Redundant power supplies (Platinum Level)
ARM servers in operation - Servers with ARM processors offer advantages over traditional x86 processors
Today, ARM processors can be found everywhere in everyday life, even though they were mainly used in embedded systems, game consoles, and smartphones for a long time. With the 64-bit microarchitecture ARMv8, which was developed in 2012, there are now several ARM servers available on the market.
In particular for operators of large server farms and data centres, ARM servers represent a viable alternative to Intel's x86 processors (including Intel Xeon) and AMD:
- Computing power thanks to scale-out
An ARM processor with 64-bit architecture is much more efficient and economical than x86 processors such as the Intel Xeon. Instead of using additional computing power from individual cores, the computing power is provided by a significantly larger number of cores.
- Save energy with ARM processors
By splitting the workload over a large number of cores, energy consumption per chip is reduced. This means that ARM servers do not need to be cooled as extensively as other models.
- Shared workload with 64 and 32 bit architecture
Unlike the x86 processor architecture, an ARM server can mix and process 64 and 32 bit workloads.
- Cost-effective replacing of ARM processors
ARM processors are particularly powerful in mass computing and less complex than other processors. Therefore, they can be replaced at a lower cost in case of failures.
- Compact design
ARM processors can be used both in large tower servers and as ARM servers in a 1U chassis.
Gigabyte ARM servers with licensed Cavium ThunderX CPU - processing advantage with SoC using a high density of processor cores
For its ARM servers, Gigabyte relies on licensed ARM processors by Cavium. A SoC CPU (server on a chip) is used, which bundles many ARM processor cores in a small space. These ARM servers also offer a multitude of interfaces, comprehensive memory capacity and bandwidth, virtualised processor cores and many other features.
Depending on the model, the Gigabyte ARM servers excel thanks to these specifications:
- Cavium ThunderX / Cavium ThunderX2 ARM processors
- Up to 48 cores per chip with ARMv8 processor architecture thanks to SoC (server-on-a-chip)
- SFP+/QSFP+ - ports for high data throughput and low latency
- Multiple PCIe-3.0 expansion slots
- Dedicated management port
- Onboard Broadcom® SAS3008 controller
- Integrated DDR4 memory
- Up to 24x hot-swap option for HDDs and SSDs between 2.5 - 3.5in
- Redundant power supply with 400W - Dual 1200W power supplies
Configure and buy ARM Server Systems
Here at HAPPYWARE we provide customers with technical solutions for a wide range of requirements. We also offer a range of comprehensive services - from express manufacturing of your servers to a possible buyback of your hardware:
Custom ARM Servers configured with CTO Service
You can set up a Multi Node ARM server or any other configuration - our configurator allows you to complete and order your individual system with just a few clicks.
The alternative to buying: rent or lease an ARM server
If you are interested in leasing your server system from us or if you want to rent it permanently, we will be happy to help you. We offer flexible terms so that you don't have to do without high-quality IT hardware - even on a small budget.
Warranty packages for ARM Servers
We are happy to provide you with detailed information about our different warranty packages. These include a wide range of services from an extended warranty period and free pickup & return to short-term on-site service.
Would you like to learn more about our ARM servers by Gigabyte? At HAPPYWARE we will find the right server solution for your needs. Send us an e-mail or call us at +49 4181 235770 and we will be happy to help you with your questions.