Full performance without licensing costs - find out why the Proxmox VE software excels and how you can use this software for virtualization in your company!
What is Proxmox VE (Virtual Environment)?
Proxmox VE is a virtual environment platform that can be used for the professional virtualization of server and data storage systems.
The software is fully open source and can be used free of charge. Proxmox VE is natively optimised for high-availability requirements and can be used for both virtual machines and Linux applications. Use of this software for virtualization takes place via a web interface.
The advantages of Proxmox VE
- Proxmox VE: Ideal for easy server virtualization The setup of the Proxmox VE software can be done in just a few minutes. The software is not only intended for the virtualization of individual servers, but also for entire server clusters. Proxmox VE is designed in such a way that this specification can be selected during setup. This means you can manage entire clusters via the software's web interface with just a few clicks.
- Various application options of the Proxmox VE software The support of KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) and LXC (Linux Container) makes Proxmox VE extremely flexible in use. Virtual machines can be managed by the Proxmox software in the same way as any applications based on Linux or Windows.
- Proxmox VE without license costs because of open source Proxmox VE is an independent, digital platform with open-source architecture. In server virtualization, companies benefit from a technology that is both powerful and can be used completely free of charge.
- Reducing hardware and administration costs with Proxmox VE Virtualization on a digital basis - administration with Proxmox VE takes place via a structured web interface. This gives you an overview of everything at all times, allowing you to benefit from the many additional functions of the software. This includes, for example, the option of using Proxmox VE allowing you to easily manage both virtual and physical servers and overlapping server configurations.
- Debian Distribution: the basis for Proxmox VE The technical basis for the Proxmox VE software is the Debian operating system. By using this distribution, the full functionality of the system is available. In addition, a high degree of security can be maintained for your own servers.
Using Proxmox VE - General recommendations
When it comes to virtualization with Proxmox VE, your system or server should have a minimum hardware configuration:
- 8 GB RAM
- Multi-core processor (64-bit)
- CPU with integrated hardware support for virtualization
- Minimum of 2 GbE ports for connection to the network
- Hardware with Red Hat Enterprise Linux certification
In addition, Proxmox VE also supports the integration of existing SAN or NAS storage solutions – quickly and with ease thanks to the intuitive management of the software.
Proxmox VE, VMware vSphere, and more - HAPPYWARE virtualization solutions and services that meet your needs
Proxmox VE offers many features that organisations can leverage for their servers, including support for LXC containers and compatibility with the KVM hypervisor. But if virtual servers are replaced by holistic virtualized networks and work environments, commercial virtualization solutions such as VMware come out on top.
Whichever solution sounds best for your company - at HAPPYWARE you will find hardware and a selection of services:
- Configuring your own Proxmox VE Server You can easily configure the right hardware for powerful virtual machines. We can help you with your configuration. You are also able to design your ideal server configuration in our shop.
- Rent or lease servers for virtualization We offer storage servers and much more with many financing options. Please contact us for an individual offer.
- Service & support for every business need Safeguard your virtual machines twofold - in addition to hardware and software solutions, we also offer individual service packages for our customers.
At HAPPYWARE you will find everything you need to reliably implement virtual networks, workspaces and server environments. If you have any questions about our products and the different options of virtual management of workloads, we will be happy to help.