Microsoft Windows Hyper-V - The advantages of virtualization software
Today, even small companies can’t afford to miss out on the benefits of virtualization. Whether it’s to outsource old applications, reduce hardware costs, or increase flexibility, the benefits of virtual server environments are obvious.
Here are some of the reasons why Microsoft Hyper-V is the ideal virtualization solution for smaller IT systems:
- Hyper-V in a Microsoft Server or as a standalone solutionUsers running Microsoft Windows Server receive Hyper-V directly from the factory. The software is integrated into the latest Microsoft Server versions and doesn't have to be updated separately.
However, if you prefer a stand-alone solution, you can use the software without a Microsoft server. Even better, Microsoft Hyper-V as a standalone version is available as a free service.
- Support for specific Linux distributionsWhile Hyper-V is primarily designed to virtualize Microsoft environments, the hypervisor also works seamlessly with Red Hat or SUSE Linux distributions. However, MAC OS or other Linux distributions are not supported.
- Intuitive and convenient management of all VMsHyper-V Manager not only lets you install the software, it also helps you keep track of all virtual machines (VMs). You can move or assign VMs as needed - with Live Migration or Storage Migration support, this is able to be done while the system is still running.
- Cluster Support with Microsoft Hyper-VIf Active Directory is not required, Hyper-V can be used to create powerful virtual clusters and robust failover clusters. In this environment you can, as an example, create a virtual desktop infrastructure - the Microsoft Hyper-V program can even assist you with this if necessary.
High level of data securityWhen virtualizing with Microsoft Windows Hyper-V, users can create any number of virtual machines, all of which work independently of each other and can each be assigned individual resources.
As these work on the same hardware but in isolated areas, this effectively prevents data loss and the possible transfer of malware between VMs.
Restoring Data with Hyper-VBy creating copies of virtual machines, if an emergency occurs,they can be easily restored. Ideally, these copies should be stored on separate servers for added security.
Additionally, Hyper-V is able to create VM-specific backups and store their data. This is done using the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Microsoft Windows Hyper-V for small workspaces and data centres
All of these features make Microsoft Windows Hyper-V a reliable platform for virtualizing individual servers and work environments. If your company uses the Windows operating system, then Microsoft Hyper-V is definitely your virtualization software of choice.
When it comes to larger server banks or very specific operating systems, Hyper-V needs several add-ons to manage them effectively. Once you reach a certain size, a more cost-efficient way to go forward is to use a hypervisor like VMware vSphere, which is designed for large and pluralistic systems. We would be happy to help you with this.
Virtualization with Microsoft Hyper-V and robust server hardware from HAPPYWARE
Combine the strengths of the Hyper-V virtualization platform with powerful server hardware for your VMs to drive your business forward. Our various Supermicro servers are the ideal solution for creating and running virtual server environments using Microsoft Windows Hyper-V.
Discover our services and prepare your IT for the future:
- Custom-building your ideal serversWe have a broad selection of hardware for the virtualization of your systems - simply design it from scratch in our configurator. We will then assemble them exactly to your specifications.
- Straightforward leasing or financingThe first step to being able to use the advantages of virtualization is an initial investment. We will be happy to work with you to draw up a suitable financing plan that matches your budget.
- Added security and support with our warranty packagesWe cover all eventualities with our range of warranty packages. Whether you need remote assistance or on-site support - you will find a package to meet your requirements.
If you have further questions about Microsoft Hyper-V, please call our hotline or contact us by email - we are always happy to help!