Ampere Altra Q80-30 included
- 1U Rackmount Server, up to 250W TDP
- Ampere Altra CPU, 80 Arm 3 Ghz v8.2+
- 16x DIMM slots, up to 4TB RAM DDR4-3200MHz
- 10x 2.5 (6x SATA/SAS & 4 x U.2) hot-swap drive bays
- 1x PCI-E 4.0 x16 Slot (FHHL), 1x OCP 2.0 Mezzanine
- 2x Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCI-E 4.0 x4 Interface
- 2x 650W 80 PLUS redundant power supply Platinum level
Use CentOS Server as a fully-fledged web server with Linux operating system - ideal for familiarizing yourself with and testing the technical potential. Learn more about CentOS here.
What is a CentOS Server?
CentOS is the short form of "Community Enterprise Operating System". This operating system is based on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system, but is available free of charge.
A CentOS server can be set up in various ways, is available as a 32-bit version, is ARM-compatible, and receives regular updates over 10 years. This means CentOS servers can be set up without additional license costs, although official certificates or support are not available.
CentOS Server and its advantages
- Operating system for servers in the business area
Particularly in an enterprise environment, server systems are primarily designed to be permanently fail-safe and without complications in operation. CentOS is specifically designed for this - it requires little maintenance overall and the Linux distribution is characterized by a high degree of stability, which benefits all your server systems.
- Flexible use of CentOS
Anyone planning to switch to a Linux distribution such as the well-known Red Hat Enterprise Linux System for their IT in the medium term have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with CentOS at no additional cost. The operating system can also be installed as a 32-bit version or in ported form on ARM servers
In addition to a CentOS server, you can also operate a conventional computer with the operating system - the CentOS workspace makes it possible.
- CentOS Server with binary compatibility to RHEL
You can also use your CentOS servers to run applications originally intended for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. So you can test with CentOS allowing you to see if extending to RHEL is worthwhile at a later date.
- Permanently safe and always up-to-date
The operating system itself receives regular updates every 6 months and is supported with security updates over a period of 10 years. This means your servers are protected against malware and other risks long term. So-called "backports" are used to close security loopholes while preserving the current version of the OS.
Upgrades of the software are also possible, for this to happen CentOS has to be installed on the servers again.
Setting up CentOS Server - How to set up your server correctly
To set up CentOS Server correctly, there are three different installation options:
- Installation via CD: Minimal installation, minimum set of packages
- Installation via DVD: Installation with a selection of the most popular packages
- Installation via ISO Image: All packages included in the installation
Once you have decided how you want to set up your CentOS servers, you can begin the installation process:
- Boot from the CentOS installation DVD or using the ISO image
- Select "Install CentOS 7" (version may differ)
- Confirm with "Enter".
- Select the language for the installation of your CentOS Server
You can then customize the installation according to your needs. You have various options:
- Adjust your time zone under "Date & Time".
- Set up your preferred keyboard layout
- Add additional languages to support your CentOS version
You can complete the setup of your CentOS server by selecting "Installation Source" under "Software". Usually the correct medium for the installation is already detected, but you can also define a different source within your network.
You can then select the preferred packages for the installation, set up a root password, and create different users. After rebooting the system, your CentOS Server is fully operational.
Software, hardware and more – choose HAPPYWARE for professional IT
CentOS servers are ideal for organizations that want to learn the benefits of a Linux system like Red Hat Enterprise Linux. In addition to a strong OS, you also need powerful hardware with which you can reach all the potential of a Linux system.
- Configure server according to your own requirements
Whether your prerequisite for a CentOS Server is for HPC provision, or to have high storage requirements and need energy efficiency, we build your servers the way you need them to be.
- Hardware for server rent or lease
A smaller budget should not slow down your IT progression- contact us and we will put together suitable financing for your servers.
- Appropriate warranty packages for every company
We have various warranty packages available for our customers. These can be individually tailored according to your needs.
If you would like to know more about how to set up CentOS Server correctly or which hardware is suitable for a Linux operating system - we will be happy to advise you on the right equipment for your server systems and your entire IT.