Brauchen Sie Hilfe?
Dann rufen Sie uns einfach an oder nutzen unser Anfrageformular.
Supermicro Server Manager: The functions at a glance
The Supermicro Server Manager is an all-in-one solution for server management and monitoring. In summary the most important features of the SSM software are here:
- Access and monitoring according to your requirements
The Supermicro Server Manager offers you various possibilities to access your system data. Use the REST API, the web interface or the proven console (CLI).
- Support for Windows and Linux
For effective monitoring and server management, the SSM can be installed both on the Windows OS and on various Linux distributions (SLES, RHEL, CentOS).
- Information about the condition of your hardwareBy default, the Supermicro Server Manager collects data about the current status of your hardware and its operability. Via the Basement Management Controller (BMC) or Supermicro SuperDoctor 5 (SD5) you get a list of different parameters. These include the current temperature, fan speed, voltage, power consumption and much more.
- Update management for BIOS and firmware
Using the Supermicro Update Manager (SUM), the Supermicro Server Manager can provide your server BIOS as well as the IPMI firmware with important updates on a regular basis.
- Use of ISO images
The Supermicro Server Manager can also use ISO images for installations or server maintenance purposes. In addition to this, the SSM also enables remote server access via VNC.
- Management of logs
The Supermicro Server Manager logs all processes on your servers, regularly checks their availability and can automatically export these results according to your specifications.
- Electricity & energy consumption
With the SSM, you always have an overview of which server is consuming which amount of power. Furthermore, you can also define independent rules for the power supply of individual servers. Using the Supermicro Server Manager, you can remotely activate or deactivate selected systems or even initialize a restart.
E-mail notificationYou can receive regular reports as well as acute warnings and error messages via e-mail. For additional support, there is the so-called "Call Home" function. If necessary, the SSM will automatically generate tickets for the Supermicro Service Team, which will then take care of the problem to support you.Please note that an additional license must be purchased for this service feature.
Supermicro Server Manager: Additional convenience through plug-ins
To make the use of the Supermicro Server Manager even more intuitive for customers, there are several plug-ins for the SSM with which you can make additional adjustments to the software:
- SSM SCOM: Collect all data in one central location - the plug-in transfers all monitoring data of your server systems to Microsoft Operations Manager.
- SSM vCenter: Once you have installed this plug-in via the vSphere Web Client, you can run SSM Managed Hosts and vSphere ESXi Hosts in parallel on your servers.
Supermicro Super Server at HAPPYWARE: Our service for your success
If you also want to manage your servers in a simple and clear way, then choose the Supermicro Server Manager. At HAPPYWARE you get the required SFT-DCMS-Single license for the use of the software - easy, fast and secure.
You can also benefit from these services that we provide:
- Individually configurable hardware
You will find your suitable Supermicro Server and many other hardware components in our shop. Decide on a ready-to-use solution or use our configurator to easily put together the ideal server system for your company with just a few clicks.
- Financing & Leasing for Customers
Don't delay important investments in your IT for too long. We are happy to make you suitable financing offers that will fit your budget.
- Warranty packages at all levels
Telephone support, component replacement, on-site service - simply choose the HAPPYWARE warranty package that suits you and your requirements.
If you need more information on the system requirements for the SSM or would like to license the Supermicro Server Manager through us - we are happy to help you with any questions or queries you may have – please call us